*

*
*

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

LET GO OF MY EGO

     Our egos spew their grandiosity all over the world. Ego in action is a power trip. We push our weight around because we can. We do it with a certain arrogance, smaller in some and larger in others.
     But the true test of evolution and grace, it seems to me, is to have the option, and even the legitimacy, to say, "I told you so," or to exert our expert opinion, and to choose silence instead- to remain quiet, to send love, and to not insist upon making others smaller so that we can feel bigger. If we are spiritually fit, we know that we are big enough already, and that there is no real percentage in squashing people down.
     We don't have to be greater-than. We don't have to be mean and nasty. We don't have to be righteous. We can be forgiving. We can be right-sized. We can be comfortably human.

I recognize when my ego wants to take over and I keep it in check. I smile, breathe deeply, relax, and remember that I have nothing to prove.