*

*
*

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

GETTING IN TROUBLE

     I  have an insidious fear that I am going to "get in trouble." It seems childish. I'm afraid some great authority figure from out of the sky is going to swoop down and punish me.
    We want to be celebrated, but so much more often we are judged, and unfairly. We want to be validated, freed, told it's ok. But instead we are questioned at every turn. "Are you sure about that?" And told, "You'd better not do it. Better play it safe"... And so we do. We play it safe to the point of spiritual strangulation. Let's be intelligent, but let's not lose our spirit out of fear. Guidelines are just that. They are guides, not rigid walls with jaws of steel to impale us if we step just an inch too far.

I can trust myself to always do the best I can.