*

*
*

Friday, February 15, 2013

CAN'T PLEASE EVERYONE

     In certain situations and with certain people, whatever we do, whatever Herculean effort, whatever labor of love and pure intent... is not enough- is never enough. No matter what we do or how we approach it, we fall short. With certain people and in certain situations we will always fall short. That's just the way it is.
     If we can accept that fact, we needn't let it break our hearts. We can give what we have to give as long as we are willing to give it, and then let go- with love and compassion. We can detach. That's what I know and what I've always heard. But I'm not so good at it really. I seem to care too much in a dysfunctional sort of way. I suppose, like all of us, I am a work in progress.

I can't please everyone, even if I want to, so I am willing to give what I can, and then surrender the rest.