*

*
*

Monday, February 9, 2015

THE FAKE

"Lord, where we are wrong, make us willing to change."
~Peter Marshall ~

Sometimes I get powerful intuitive messages that are solid and trustworthy, and sometimes I feel quite sure that the information I'm receiving comes straight from my ego and I can't trust it at all. When my ego is in charge I seem to convince myself that I know what I cannot possibly know, and live with a kind of inner assurance that is neither justified, nor accurate. It's a spiritual smugness and it serves me ill.
     True intuition seems less a fortune teller, and more of a warning system: a feeling and a undeniable knowing in the gut; the voice within that is crystal clear.
    
My ego will fraudulently pretend to be my inner guidance, so I watch for it, and remain prepared to take what it suggests with a grain of salt.