*

*
*

Monday, August 28, 2017

THE INSTANT GARDEN

"Haste makes waste." 
~ Ben Franklin ~

In an effort to have a flower garden out here in New Mexico, I have planted pots of flowers I liked the look of from a local nursery, and transplanted all kinds of wild growing flowers as well. But the thing is, it takes time to establish plants. In my experience, annuals are better than perennials at being happy right off the bat, but I prefer perennials because they come back!
     So what I have now is a pretty sorry looking garden with lots of flowers in shock. And some of them may not make it, and others will go through a rough-looking phase and then take hold and start to do well, and next year, all that remains will be lovely and vibrant. That's how it is with gardens. They take time.
     And I do the same thing with the seeds I plant metaphorically all over my life. I want instant results. I want the lovely garden NOW. But it takes seasons and light and the sun. It takes patience and perseverance and care. And in the end, it's totally worth it. In gardens, as in life, there's no way to rush the process of evolution. It takes what it takes.

I am willing to put in the time and effort to build something of value.