*

*
*

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

ROOTS

"Because time itself is like a spiral, something special happens on your birthday each year: The same energy that God invested in you at birth is present once again." 
~ Menachem Mendel Schneerson ~

I am the mother of twins, and today is their 23rd Birthday. I honor and acknowledge the brightness and artistic gifts of my daughter, Sienna, and the steady drive and intelligence of my son, Nick.
     We've been through it all together- the ups, the downs, the round and rounds. We've filled and emptied of fear, explored possibility, and traveled the difficult road of emotional turmoil. We've laughed and cried and been fully human every step of the way.
     Birthdays are a milestone. They end something and begin something. They are a day to celebrate, a day to reflect, and a day to connect. We share roots, these two young adults and I; we share history, we share the importance of this day, and we share the journey we will travel together into the unknown future.

I celebrate the primal family connection!