*

*
*

Thursday, May 10, 2018

SNAKE ENCOUNTER

"Sometimes Mother Nature has the answers when you do not even know the questions."
~ Keith Wynn ~

Working in the garden I encountered a snake, and I'm not a fan of snakes. When I saw the black body curling slowly toward me, I stepped back and watched with respect. It moved randomly, meandering-like, and yet with a kind of steady intensity, pushing through the garden, and seemed as if it would just be on it its way, but then it circled back and proceeded to climb the tree in the middle of the area where I was working. It went up the trunk, out on a branch, switched to another branch, took a brief nap, and then turned back, down and around the trunk, and stopped there for a bit.
     Eventually, it moved on, and I felt grateful to have watched it, and in watching it learn anew the merit of letting be what is, having respect, and being patient while challenges run their course.

Nature teaches me, and I learn.