*

*
*

Sunday, August 19, 2018

THE CHOICE IS OURS

"Two prisoners looked out of prison bars. One saw the mud, and one saw the stars."
~ Dale Carnegie ~

Being in a position of dependency in any way, shape, or form, wakes up my ego. It wants to assert itself and try for power it cannot have, and it does this through righteous resistance to what is, as if saying, "I don't like this situation," will change the situation, when it won't.
     The change required for recovery of peace of mind is an internal one. It's acceptance, and grounding, and breathing, and more acceptance. It's in the recognition that I am forever independent in my mind, my attitude, and the experience I choose, so even when circumstances might make me feel trapped, the only real trap is in my mind.

I am free if I choose to be.