*

*
*

Sunday, November 4, 2018

THE RISK WE CHOOSE

"You look into my eyes to read that oft-told story of defeat, but I tell you that the plot was changed and you will see the flag of conquest waving from the turrets of my soul."
~ Muriel Strode ~

When the choice has been to play it safe or go for it, I have generally chosen go for it, and that has resulted in more challenge than the play it safe route might have, but I have no regret. It's not so much the adventure itself that has made it worth it, or the survival skills, or even the stories. It's the lessons. When we take a big risk, even if it doesn't play out as we hope, and maybe especially then, we grow spiritually. Our souls gain depth and our hearts and minds a certain wisdom. And that's what I crave more than the risk itself: to dance with life at the level that will stretch me most.

I cherish the experience of spiritual evolution.