*

*
*

Sunday, July 12, 2015

FROM BLINDNESS TO CLEAR SIGHT

"Resistance is futile."
~Star Trek ~

Occasionally, and sometimes frequently, I find myself in a state of resistance to what is. A rebel in me rises up and I want instant change and escape from things the way they are. A trail of negative thoughts cycle within me, and exhaustion and boredom rule the day. I want out.
     And then, something comes along to bust me out of resistance and my view is refreshed. I am able to appreciate the blessings before me, and my attitude adjusts accordingly. Like coming through the fog, I go from absolute blindness to total vision. Goodness is restored in me, and I am  ok again to continue a bit further along down the road.

I stop resisting my circumstances and feel grateful for all that I have.