*

*
*

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

THREADBARE

"When you have worn out your shoes, the strength of the sole leather has passed into the fibre of your body." 
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

I seem to like to keep things until they are threadbare and worn thin, especially when I've grown attached. I worry that the replacement may not be as comfortable, or suit me as well; and yet, I become more and more bedraggled looking the longer I hold out.
     Letting go is hard, but necessary, and postponing it creates a certain amount of its own kind of angst- a sense that change needs to happen and we are standing in the way. Let's just move forward instead and see what happens. Let's welcome fresh new energy into our lives.

I can allow my life to be worn, but I dis-serve myself if I let it become completely worn out.