*

*
*

Monday, September 19, 2016

BEING WHO WE ARE

"We are like the little branch that quivers during a storm, doubting our strength and forgetting we are the tree- deeply rooted to withstand all of life's upheavals." 
~ Dodinsky ~

I'm not sure of the purpose that self-doubt serves, but I think it has one, because it keeps popping up. On the one hand, I know that I have value and feel pretty secure in that, and on the other, I have a kind of disbelief that I have any value at all.
     The truth, I suppose, is that I'm good at some things and not so good at others, but my real value is not in what I do necessarily, but in who I am, and my particular perspective. That's what I have to offer and that's what I have to share- my testimony, my experience, and what I've learned. Some may benefit from my offerings and others may not; all is as it should be, and self-doubt doesn't really need to play into it at all unless I'm trying to please everyone.
     All I can do on any given day is be willing to show up and share authentically from the heart, with integrity, compassion, and unconditional love.

I needn't be perfect and needn't please everyone. I need only be me. That's where my true value lies.