*

*
*

Friday, May 24, 2013

BEING COMPETITIVE

     I am competitive by nature and I like to dig deep inside myself and engage everything I have and all of my heart to give whatever is in front of me my best shot. And if I come out on top, what glory! And if I do not, I still feel good, and my own kind of victorious, because I didn't hold back. I left nothing in reserve.
     We get so focused on the "win," the achievement, the goal, and the destination, that we lose sight of the greater experience. It's not so much about the win as it is about the all out effort and the feeling of stretching beyond our previous limits. We are bigger than we thought, and stronger, and full of passion beyond our wildest dreams.

In competition, I give everything I've got. I'm a good sport, and I have fun. With that formula, no matter the end result, I win every time.