*

*
*

Thursday, November 21, 2013

THE PERFECT MIX

"Seriousness is a disease."
~Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh ~
 
"It is a happy talent to know how to play."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

The idea of being frivolous has old associations for me. When I was young, for whatever reason, it came to be identified with all things feminine and social, and it didn't seem to be a particularly desirable characteristic. To be serious was the thing to be if I wanted respect and admiration, to be tough.
     But I understand today that it's not an either-or proposition. I highly value a bit of frivolity and a state of play to balance the seriousness of life with all of its attendant and unavoidable pain and suffering. And I embrace my femininity with its extra sensitivity, and also with its female style of fortitide.
     Everything is balance in the end and not at all the perfect moment or the perfect attribute, but ultimately, the perfect mix.

I embrace frivolous silliness as the perfect balance to the hard edge of a purpose driven life.