*

*
*

Sunday, June 7, 2015

SUMMERTIME!

"In summer, the song sings itself."
~ William Carlos Williams ~
 
I used to resist the summer with its heat and humidity, bugs and yard work, but I have changed my mindset about it, because the truth is that there are so many things about the summer that I love! I love warm evenings, the smell of honeysuckle, and lightening bugs. I love watching vegetables, flowers, and trees grow like crazy in the sun. I love the sound of crickets, the early sunrise, and the late sun-set. I love front-porch sitting, home-made lemonade, and vacationing at the beach.
     I have come to understand that every summer day is precious, beautiful, and uniquely wonderful exactly as it is, so I am making a conscious effort to enjoy and appreciate each one.

I enjoy the glory of summer days.