*

*
*

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

WHEN LIFE IS HARD

"Life is difficult. This is a great truth."
~M. Scott Peck ~

Some days it's harder to get motivated than others. When the general state of circumstantial affairs in my life is challenging and everywhere I turn there seems to be struggle, the weight of it all holds me heavy to the earth. And I feel the need to take time for retreat and to rejuvenate my spirit and rediscover the light, but that's not always possible, so I have to just mush on.
     And often, the simple momentum of continued mushing readjusts me and I become restored as if by default. But when that doesn't happen, patience is the answer, and self-compassion, and the ongoing journey of looking for and owning the love inside me that has temporarily gone underground.

I ride the tide of challenges in life and allow for self-compassion and tenderness when the weight of hardship is heavy on my back.