*

*
*

Thursday, January 21, 2016

MAYBE YES, MAYBE NO

"I dwell in possibility." 
~Emily Dickinson ~

I think we never know for sure what's going to be hardship and what's going to be blessing in our lives. We think we do, and respond accordingly when new information comes our way, but so often, we are wrong. A prospective life partner might turn out to be a thief, or worse, and a diagnosis of cancer could lead us to spiritual awakening. So rather than always being so certain about what things mean, let's live in the space of "don't know," and allow things to come and go as they will.

I catch myself making assumptions about the way things are going to be- whether for the good or bad- and remain curious and hopeful instead. I am often blessed by the very thing that I thought had come to curse me.