*

*
*

Sunday, June 11, 2017

IN THE NAME OF PROGRESS

"You've got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away, and know when to run..." 
~ Kenny Rodgers ~

I'm an expert at normalizing the abnormal and making the best of things. It's something I learned to do young, and have been doing all my life. When others are ready to cut bait, I am still looking and pretending that all is well, that it's really ok, that maybe it's not as bad as it seems. And at times, this has its advantages, and at times, it serves me somewhat well.
     But other times, it's a recipe for a kind of self-punishment, a make-it-work-or-else kind of approach to life that actually hampers growth and constrains progress instead of promoting it.

I commit to clear sight, honest appraisal, and right guidance.