*

*
*

Wednesday, April 29, 2020

PARENTING OUR PUP

"The commands of democracy are as imperative as its privileges and opportunities are wide and generous. Its compulsion is upon us."
~ Woodrow Wilson ~

Our pup is defiant, and I prefer that to him being fearful, or cowering, but it does make for a fair bit of frustration as we seek to get along. He bites at my legs, I tell him "No!" sharply, he backs up and barks at me (what's he trying to say?) and then proceeds to do it again, upping the ante, which ups my ante as well, and I don't like it. I just want us to be peaceful and get along. And yet, he needs discipline, for both of our sake, and it's my responsibility to teach him right and wrong and boundaries... but doing so is exhausting, and some days, I'd just rather not.
    
I want others to know what I want them to know without my having to say anything to them, but it doesn't work like that. It's my responsibilty to set boundaries and speak up.