*

*
*

Friday, June 8, 2012

DO NOT PUSH

     On the back of certain dump trucks are the words, "DO NOT PUSH." The letters are bold, and the message clear. I take it to heart every time I see it, and am reminded that pushing and forcing and insisting usually gets me no place but stuck.
     Finding and understanding the natural rhythm and flow of life situations, and relationships, and moods, is crucial to peace and relaxation. It makes us forgiving and tolerant and able to patiently wait for a shift in the direction of things. Energy is constantly on the move, so we have to learn to ride the currents much like we learn to body surf in the waves.
     "Do not push" is excellent advice. The longer I live, the more it seems to me that real power lies in our ability to surrender to what is- to cease fighting, to let go and let be. And then, when all is settled, it's time to let go some more.

I stop pushing against everything I come up against and make a decision to go with the flow.