*

*
*

Monday, January 28, 2013

GETTING THERE ALREADY

     So often we want to skip the journey and arrive already. We want to be in the next room before we get there. I believe our desire to get ahead of ourselves may have more to do with fear than with actual impatience. Maybe we're not sure we can do what's being asked of us. We are afraid to get found out. We are afraid to fail. We are afraid to miss the deadline, miss the mark, make a mistake. We want to be done so that we can be happy. We want to be done so that we can relax.
     But as one thing passes away, something else comes to take its place, and it's always something on our plates, and always something challenging for us to do. And when we are finally and completely "done" for good, the game is over. So we better find a way to enjoy it while it lasts.
    
I don't have to be afraid. I trust myself to do the best I can.