*

*
*

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

LETTING GO

     I have a perfect and accurate read of my over-all wellness at any time, and the cure for what ails me as well. If I am spinning out of control emotionally or consumed by fear; if I am anxious, worried, stressed-out, obsessed; overwhelmed, desperate, uncertain, feeling like a martyr- whatever it may be- then I am in need of a spiritual adjustment in order to feel better, and the way to get there is through stillness and honesty.
     There's a simple solution, but it's not an easy one. I have to do what I can do in the moment to improve my situation and then let go of everything else. My distress and discomfort come always and absolutely from trying to control things and people and outcomes that I cannot ultimately control. I have to let go to be happy. And then let go some more.

I stop trying to control everything around me and experience the peace of letting go.