*

*
*

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

BIRTHDAY AFTERMATH

     I am lingering in the sweet aftermath of a wonderful Birthday. In the past, on more than one occasion, I have had Birthday expectations and gotten all twisted up emotionally, but not this time. This time, I simply opened to the adventure and the unfolding of the day. I let it be what it was, and it was delightful. I was remembered in unexpected ways and I was willing to receive. I am giver so that is something I generally resist, but I was able to relax for once. I was even able to ask for what I wanted in advance a little bit...
     I feel loved and blessed and happy and full. I know it won't last forever, but this is a lingering sweetness I am pausing for long enough to acknowledge. I am grateful to all the people in my life who enrich my world with their big hearts and creativity and kindness. I am grateful for small surprises and all kinds of thoughtfulness. Birthdays can be tricky, but if I stop having all kinds of expectations they usually turn out just right.

I leave my expectations behind and let the day unfold.