*

*
*

Thursday, June 27, 2013

STAYING FED


     When I am hungry I generally feel tired and grouchy too. It's a combination experience. But eating the wrong thing at such a time doesn't necessarily fix the problem and can, actually, exacerbate it. Refined carbs and sugar and processed bars and junk-food and such make me feel worse, never better. But whole foods earth me and restore me to balance and stability and inner peace and faith. It's a grand reward for a simple cure.
     We skip meals and go too long without eating and eat the wrong things, and then we wonder why we feel stressed-out and petulant. Let's remember to maintain our metabolisms and keep ourselves properly fed.

I don't allow myself to get too hungry because it makes me feel desperate. I pack a healthy snack to eat between meals.