*

*
*

Friday, June 28, 2013

WORKING WITH THE CURRENTS


     I have a tendency to want to force solutions in order to tie up loose ends, but the better thing to do may be to wait for the currents to work with me instead of pushing my way against them no matter what. But I seem to prefer my own timing and end up muscling my way to wherever I think I need to go. Such urgency lacks grace.
     When all odds seem against us and circumstances are swirling around and less than perfect, we are better be quiet and calm than to step gallantly into the midst of the chaos and try to make it all come together by forcing our will. Such action makes us crazy with frustration and is unproductive at best.

When facing confusion, I stand back and look for the movement of currents. Instead of having to fight against them, I wait until they are moving in the direction I want to go, and then step in when there is a natural opening for me.