*

*
*

Monday, August 26, 2013

BUILDING OUR LIVES


     Yesterday morning was full of fog and dewy spider webs. They were visible everywhere. One in particular impressed me, and I stood marveling at it. The web seemed to be floating in mid-air. It's attaching string stretched twenty feet or more on each side, and it was rigged up between a tree on one angle and a fence line on the other. It was a spectacular work of art.   
     All those webs got me thinking about how we construct our lives, and what we attract. Some of us are thick in the grass with dense webs, and others are centered symmetrically in perfect perches. No matter the artistry or position of our webs, they suit us, for wherever we may be in life. And the beauty of them is that they are fleeting by design. They can be crushed by a stiff wind, or a heavy footfall, or a reckless bird, and rebuilt, and repositioned. So though we may begin in the grass, we may rise to the air, and attract higher flying people and ideas.

I am tireless like a spider, and rebuild my life as often as I need to, with diligence, and a sense of artful design.