*

*
*

Thursday, August 1, 2013

SURRENDERING TO TIME

     When I can surrender to the natural cycles of days and seasons and stop wanting to push the river and explode the clock, I feel better; when I trust in time and the flow of things and the expanding and shrinking light. I have a tendency to want to accelerate some things in my life and slow others down. I resist them both ways. My weekends are too short, my time in the car too long. And dinner is not ready fast enough but it is over too soon.
    Everything has its time, takes its time, and fills its time. If I do not accept this simple spiritual truth, then I am pushing against the natural rhythms and cycles of life and I affix myself to stress and opposition.

I appreciate and do not resist the movement of time. I make an effort to experience the feeling of each moment, whether it be rushing or still.