*

*
*

Thursday, February 6, 2014

NEVER ENOUGH

"Would that there were an award for people who come to understand the concept of enough." ~Gail Sheehy~
 
I wrote a book and got it published, something I've always wanted to do, and yet, I feel pressure instead of pleasure. I feel an urgent need to write the next book and to effectively market this one, and I find myself worrying that if I do something wrong at this point in the process then maybe it will all be for naught. I feel like I have just been introduced and now it's time to step up and prove my worth.
     And all of this is off-kilter but not un-typical- not for me- and not for many of us. It's the never enough syndrome. We feel like whatever we do and whoever we are is never enough.
     Let's not. Let's be ok with who we are and where we are and exactly what is. Let's take off the harness of perfectionism and rigor and cease our never-ending cry for more.

I take the pressure off myself and accept that even with all of my limitations I am enough.