*

*
*

Thursday, February 27, 2014

THE RHYTHM OF LIFE

"Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance and order and rhythm and harmony."
~Thomas Merton~

 I like the rhythm of my life. I like the rhythm of my early mornings before work, my late afternoons and evenings, and my days off. There is something soothing and comforting about these repeated routines- even the blast and go and give to the point of exhaustion that I do at work- and the writing, writing, writing in every spare moment.
     I like the rhythm of my life with my husband, walks with our dog, conversations around the table, and the rising and falling light. Even when getting through the day takes more effort than usual, more pick-me-up and go-through-the-motions, I am still able to appreciate the repetitive rhythms of my established routines.

I am grateful for the circular flow of my life.