*

*
*

Saturday, July 30, 2011

TIMELINE FLEXIBILITY

     Most things that happen in my life do not happen according to my time-scale. They happen when they happen and I scramble to keep up, or else wait, and wait, and wait, trying to maintain enthusiasm and faith. In the past, I have tried to prepare myself and prepare my life situation for the arrival of things, and to clearly understand the "right time"... to be single, to be married, to change jobs, give birth to children, move across the country, even lose a loved one to the mystery and finality of death.
     But so much for my plans and ideas. I get splattered by all the things that happen without any input at all on my part, and parched by all the things that don't happen that I am emotionally invested in having happen. Things occur according to a greater plan I guess, that has nothing to do with my need to mark things down in a weekly planner.
     Better understanding this concept, I am learning to stop making such vigorous plans. If a situation forces deviation from my agenda, I can roll with it much better than I once could. I don't need to impose my schedule on life. I can shrug and be flexible. I can smile and say, "Ok" to the changes in my visionary timeline. I can be open-minded enough to entertain the possibility that things could work out even better with the new plan. Maybe it's an upgrade. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise. That's what I am going to choose to believe.

I free my future from the imposition of a planned-out timeline and all the things I think I want to see unfold. I trust in the happenings of my life.