*

*
*

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

THE UNFOLDING UNKNOWN

     I sometimes have the sense that there is some emotional thing lingering just below the surface of my outsides that I need to face and to understand, but I cannot quite grasp it. I have a sense perception of its being there, but it is shrouded in shadows. I try to call it forth because I have a desire to handle whatever needs to be handled and I have a dislike for any unfinished business and loose ends of all kinds.
     I like things resolved. I like them wrapped up and tucked away tight. Oozing discomfort and murky feelings frustrate me. And yet, when that's the way it is, what choice do I have? What choice do any of us have? I am always trying to rush the process and check things off my list. But I am learning, albeit slowly, that I will understand what I need to understand when I need to understand it and not a minute before. My wanting and figuring and all of my hard-core thinking will not speed things up a bit or bring me any sooner to resolution and peace.
     My peace will come when I can learn to be comfortable with uncertainty and misunderstanding and the lack of clear sight. I don't have to dig and quest for information. I have only to remain willing to pay attention to the clues and signs from the universe. I have only to be willing to listen and to hear. Everything happens on time and in perfect order, even if it's not my time and not my idea of order. I can trust that somehow or other it will all make sense in the end.

I don't have to understand what I cannot understand. Thinking and figuring will not bring me any closer to peace. Peace will come when I surrender to the process of the unfolding unknown.