*

*
*

Monday, July 15, 2013

BEING AUTHENTIC

     If we can let go of our self-consciousness and authentically be ourselves, life is more fun. We can be playful that way, and uninhibited. So often so many of us, myself included, seem to suffer from seriousness; from what we feel and perceive to be the weight and burden of our lives- our duties and chores and responsibilities.
     We think that we have to be serious and present ourselves in some kind of particular way in order to be taken seriously, but that is not necessarily so. Respect, it seems to me, comes from authenticity, and never from posturing.
     We are enough. We are just right as we are- a mix of intensity and play, responsibility and refreshment, laughter and tears. So let's stop pretending we are something in order to win approval. Let's remember that the greatest gift we have to share is our authentic self.

I am not here to impress others, but to simply be who I am. If that's impressive, so be it, and if it's not, well, then, it's not. Either way, I am exactly who I am meant to be.