*

*
*

Monday, March 7, 2016

THE LIMITATIONS OF BEING A LONE WOLF

"The 'i' in illness is isolation, and the crucial letters in wellness are 'we.'" 
~Author Unknown ~

Once in a while, I have lone wolf fantasies. I imagine living in complete isolation and doing exactly as I please, because loving others can be such hard work. It’s so deeply emotional, and carries me up and down and in circles. I sometimes get dizzy from spinning in emotional circles.
     But the answer is not in separation, not really. It’s in honoring and feeling and experiencing the journey of life. It’s in sharing the ride, with all of its twists and turns, in being able to look back together- with laughter, with tears, with quiet nostalgia. Solo might be easier in the short run, but in the long run, it lacks the depth of connected experience across time.

I travel the road in the company of those I love, and together we face whatever comes.