*

*
*

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

INFORMED DECISIONS

     It's always worth talking to more than one person in order to make a decision when there are unknown factors involved. My fears are like certainties until I have spoken with someone who actually has facts and reliable information and experience. But I can never be absolutely sure that the information I receive is devoid of motivation for steering me one way or the other, which is why it's best for me to speak to at least two people who are "in the know." And once I've done that, I have a context within which to consider, and then make my decision.
    We spend so much time in life unsure, speculating outcomes, projecting disaster, and afraid to take a stand anywhere  because we might be wrong. It's unquestionably better all the way around to gather the information we need and then choose the best path we can, and let it play out as it does, rather than driving ourselves crazy with not-knowing and second-guessing, and frazzling ourselves with the stress of on-going indecision. Reassurance is available to us if we will only make up our minds.

Sometimes I am uninformed regarding decisions I have to make. Instead of stabbing in the dark, I ask questions and seek information so that I can make the best possible choice.