*

*
*

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

WINTER WEATHER

     I have always rather liked the winter. I like cold fresh mornings and seeing my breath in foggy clouds. I like walking outdoors and feeling my cheeks sting from the sharp air. I like down jackets and bundling up, and I like the snow. It is soft and quiet and clean. It is dusty whiteness. It is thick and heavy or light and fluffy, but magical either way. I love snow on the ground and the way is decorates tree branches and rooftops. And I even like cold, wintery rain. Whatever comes this time of year, I like the freshness of it.
     As a culture, I think we spend too much time complaining about the weather. "It's so cold!" we quip. And then, before we know it, summer comes around again and we're at odds with the heat and humidity. Let's make an effort to enjoy what's here, whatever it is. Let's enjoy the mysterious changeability of the weather and the sky.
     Each day is a surprise and a blessing, whether it's clear and crisp or soaking rain, perfectly spring, or snow-bound winter. I appreciate it all and I'm grateful for the changing seasons.

I enjoy the blessings of winter. I have gratitude for the fresh, crisp air, and bundling jackets. I welcome the magical snow!