*

*
*

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

LIGHTENING UP

"Count your blessings (instead of sheep)."
~Irving Berlin ~

When life gets heavy and I feel weighed down, it helps me to think about things that I love...
     I love the sunshine and fresh winter air. I love candle-light and dinner-time. I love my desk chair, my down jacket, and my dog's soft ears. I love my husband's beard, his eyes, and his sense of humor. I love the mountains and being less temperamental than I once was. I love incandescent lamp light and the heat of fires. I love thick socks and hindsight.
     Doing this, I am restored to the incredible wonder of life. There is so much to it. It's dense and rich with every element imaginable: sensation, philosophy, progress, hope- And so, although I may feel heavy from time to time, I needn't stay that way. If I will only look for it, there is plenty around to lift me up.

When I am feeling weighed down I remember all of the little things, big things, and wonderful things that I love in my life and let them buoy my spirit and fill me with light.