*

*
*

Monday, March 25, 2019

BARB WIRE AND PRICKERS

"Change always comes bearing gifts."
~ Price Pritchett ~

I have been clearing fence lines of prickers and barb wire and old gnarly vines; cutting back dead and overgrown branches, and cleaning up roadside trash. And it hasn't been a particularly enjoyable job- thorns prick me and get caught in my hair and swipe at my face- but it nonetheless has been satisfying.
     One of our neighbors stopped and was chitty chatting with me about the progress we've made on the property, and she was saying when it came to some of the stuff there was to do around her place that she just closed her eyes and pretended not to see, and I responded that we were in a phase right now where we needed to see- and I was interested to hear myself say that- because we do.
   
I clear away what no longer serves me to make room for new growth.