*

*
*

Tuesday, June 4, 2019

FREEDOM FROM DEPENDENCY

"The greatest wealth is health."
~ Virgil ~

I used to drink a lot and do drugs just to deal with everyday living. It felt like more than I could bear to manage it all straight. And if someone suggested that I might be overdoing it, I felt they didn't properly understand my situation, and I couldn't imagine living any other way.
     And now I don't drink or do drugs, and I can't imagine how I ever lived that way, which proves that change can happen, and that what seems important and impossible to us now may not be forever.  I have learned beyond the shadow of a doubt that help is available, that we are not alone, that life deserves our full participation, and that it's well worth experiencing without being fogged in a chemical haze.

I keep my head clear and experience life as it comes.