*

*
*

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

MAKING FRIENDS

"A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails."
~ Donna Roberts ~

I've been caught in the "point-of-arrival" trap, wanting to get to the time and the place where our new house feels like a comfortable old shoe. Longing after the future like that though, I am missing the glory of the empty, evolving, echoing space- half done, and rich with possibility. 
    I can settle in to each moment. I don't have to wait until everything is just where and how we want it. The newness of the house and it's features and characteristics and shifting light is exciting, and curious and much like the beginning of a solid friendship. It takes time, and commitment, and multiple encounters, and a willingness to share it all.

I show up for the process.