*

*
*

Friday, October 19, 2012

PLAYING WITH MONEY

     If I have the right attitude, I can experience money and all of my financial fears and obligations almost playfully. Money comes in and money goes out. It ebbs and flows like the tides, sometimes a trickle and sometimes a rush, but always moving one way or the other. That's its only guarantee.
     We want to arrest money and hold it captive and demand that it stay, but it evaporates in the misty night like a ghost, and arrives in a whirl-wind. It teases us and we get frustrated. We want assurances. But money wants to play, and we can learn to play along, and laugh at the game, or suffer indefinitely from pushing against something that is ultimately as evasive as smoke.

I keep my levity when dealing with money matters and don't let the dollar drag me down.