*

*
*

Thursday, May 15, 2014

EVOLUTION

"People cannot go right unless you let them."
~August William Hare~

Feeling overly responsible for the well-being of other people is one of my dysfunctions. I take on their ailments and injuries and depressions. I want to make everything right, and I feel some sort of mis-placed guilt if I can't, as if anyone being less than aok in my realm of influence is some great failing of my own.
     I need to change my thinking on this. I need to remember that challenges and hurts come to grow us, and don't necessarily mean that anything is wrong. The things that we all struggle with are simply evidence that evolution is hard at work.

I accept the difficulties in my life and in the lives of others not as a bad thing, but as an indication of life in process.