*

*
*

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

CONTROL FREAK

"As your faith is strengthened you will find that there is no longer the need to have a sense of control, that things will flow as they will, and you will flow with them, to your great delight and benefit." 
~ Emmanuel ~

I can be a bit of a control freak. I like things a certain way and when my sense of rightness is interfered with, my first response is distress.  I want things to be the way I want them to be, and when they're not, I feel irked.
     But there's another response, a better one that gives me more peace. It's neutrality. Things are only good or bad because I label them that way. I define my reality. I determine what's satisfying or annoying by the way I think about it. And at any point, in any direction, I can raise my awareness and change my direction of thought.

I stop fighting things beyond my control and let them be what they are.