*

*
*

Sunday, June 19, 2016

OVER COMPLICATED LIVING

"Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is the noble art of leaving things undone. The wisdom of life consists in the elimination of non-essentials." 
~ Lin Yutang ~

I live with a certain intensity, some of it culturally encouraged, and much of it self-imposed. I have convinced myself that I thrive on compulsive activity- it's a multi-tasking era after all-  but the truth is that for me to live a long, happy, richly sensuous life, it has to stop. I have to stop. I am missing the subtly of so many beautiful moments. I catch one here and there, but so many more I experience under pressure, the tyranny of the urgent, and resistant thinking to the overwhelm of my life.
     But it doesn't have to be the way I've made it, and I hereby stand up and claim a gentler way of going about things. I don't have to be a monk in the mountains to live a simple and spiritual life.

I choose simplicity.