*

*
*

Monday, September 3, 2018

THE SPORT OF LIFE

"The more I practice, the luckier I get,"
~ Jerry Barber ~

I have known the seven-year-itch sensation, and the feeling that a cycle is complete and needs to end, and yet, here I am, married to the same man for seven years and a day, and I still like him. I love him in fact, more deeply than I've ever loved anyone. He is my best friend, and my team for the game of life. Together we have scored goals, been subject to penalties and fouls of all kinds, and experienced every level of victory and defeat.
     The experience itself has been the sport, and continues to be, and I know I can count on us both to be good natured, to be scrappy when necessary, and to play with heart and give every effort everything we've got.

I am grateful for team players.