*

*
*

Monday, May 13, 2019

TREES AND SHRUBS

"All the world is a laboratory to the inquiring mind."
~ Martin H. Fischer ~

I am creating a landscape design for our, as yet, ungraded yard, and I want it to be established and mature and beautiful already, which is building tension in me, and pressure, and stress. I recognize that it's all self-induced, and somewhat insane, and have been struggling with it nonetheless.
     When I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't go back to sleep for thinking and fretting over plant placement and incoming weather, I realized pretty clearly that I have gotten myself all tangled up in this project, and it's time to free myself.
     It's within my power to let go, and to allow for the beginning stages of the process to be what they are, and feel satisfied with small steps and small shrubs and the stumbles and uncertainties that come with building anything new.

I create my garden slowly, and from scratch.