*

*
*

Tuesday, November 19, 2019

WAITING ON HOLD

"It happens by a thousand tiny surrenders of self-respect to self-interest."
~ Robert Brault ~

Dealing with an efficient, high-integrity company is a pleasure, but sadly, not all companies fall into this category. Recently, I ordered some things online, and a few days later got an email saying there was a problem with the coordination of the credit card information and billing address so could I please call to verify.
     When I called, I waited on hold for twenty minutes with the constant haranguing of the techno-voice telling me she appreciated my patience and please hold for the next available representative, who finally picked up, and then couldn't understand why I had gotten the email in the first place because all was actually in order with my address.
     I was reassured that my items would be shipped.
     But no shipping verification email came; instead, another notice that the order could not be processed because of a problem with the address and could I please call. So here I am on hold again, listening to the techno voice, and it's been twenty two minutes and counting. They have lost all my future business at this point, and my patience, and my respect.

I celebrate the efficiency of high-integrity companies.