*

*
*

Thursday, January 24, 2013

WHAT I BELIEVE

     I believe that things happen for a reason, and that everything that happens is for my own, or someone else's, spiritual growth and evolution. I believe in the power of love, and in kindness and courtesy. I believe in compassion and creative genius, in courage and good clean living.
     I believe in redemption and forgiveness and the freedom of choice. I believe in changing my mind and changing my habits; in changing my perspective. I believe in beauty and healing. I believe in cycles and the ever-changing light. And what I believe sustains me, and requires a considerable amount of routine revision. I am willing to update my belief system regularly in order to keep it fresh.

I honestly consider whether my beliefs are outworn, and if they are, I'm willing to consider anew.