*

*
*

Monday, December 29, 2014

NO-MAN'S LAND

"The soul would have no rainbow had the eyes no tears."
~ John Vance Cheney ~
 
This is a tricky time of year: the no-man's land between Christmas and New Years. Everything to do with Christmas feels stale and messy, and January first with all of its high hopes and expectations looms before us, urging us to do better with our lives.
     I feel a bit at a loss, like I'm supposed to be relaxing and enjoying my family, but everything feels discombobulated and out-of-sync. It's probably me and not necessarily the time of year. I'm a bit squirrely in my skin, and ready to return to the comfort of my beloved daily routines.
     But still, and as always, there are blessings to accompany my discomfort, and goodness and mercy as well. So I'll take it all, and let life just keep on coming, the way it always does, and welcome it, whatever it may bring.
 
I allow for the discomfort of the holiday season, as well as the joy.