*

*
*

Thursday, April 16, 2015

WHAT WE CHOOSE

"Everything is something you decide to do."
~ Denis Waitley ~

Looking back on my life, it seems impossible the things I once justified. I used self-pity as an excuse for bad habits and poor behavior, and made martyrdom my M.O. I over-ate frequently, drank too much, smoked, and had regular little tizzy fits about things not going my way. I yelled at my children, cursed my life, and felt hateful and hostile more than I care to admit.
     Change has been, and continues to be, a slow process. I have found that it always begins with sincere self-honesty, and then requires the willingness to make new choices over and over again, on every front and in all directions. But the result is, and has been, better living, more love, and a fair bit of life satisfaction. The rewards have always proven well worth the effort it takes.

I am willing to look at and reconsider all that is not working in my life. I can choose differently, and then enjoy better results.