*

*
*

Thursday, May 11, 2017

CONFRONTATION

"Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing." 
~ August Wilson ~

I have always considered myself a "non-confrontational" individual, and I am realizing lately that may not be true, and also that it is through confrontation that we evolve.
     When we confront death and our own mortality, we transform the way we live. When we confront the impact of our negative behavior on the condition of our lives, we can alter our behavior. We we confront what limits us, we can become unlimited. But it has to be a hard confrontation. A mini-acknowledgement that throws blame at others gets us nowhere. Confrontation, by its definition, creates discomfort in us. That discomfort is what we avoid, and ironically, that discomfort is the very thing that can ultimately set us free.

I confront the reality of how I am in the world and what it gets me.